If you have crowded, rotated, or misaligned teeth, you now have an option other than braces to straighten your teeth. Our Nashville dental office offers Invisalign which is an alternative to traditional braces. Invisalign uses a system of clear, smooth, comfortable plastic that is formed to fit over your teeth. These alignersare changed every 2 weeks or so, and your teeth gradually straighten.
Here's how the Invisalign process works
- At your initial consult at our Nashville dental office, we will discuss if you are a good candidate for Invisalign, discuss the treatment process, review any dental insurance coverage you may have, and estimate fees and payment options
- When you are ready to begin the Invisalign procedure, we will take impressions of your teeth and well as a few photographs, and any necessary dental x-rays.
- At your delivery visit, we will make sure the aligners fit your teeth, and give you instructions about how long to wear them and home care.
- You will wear each aligner for approximately 2 weeks, and then progress on to the next one. During the active phase of Invisalign treatment you will visit our office in Nashville every 6 weeks.
- Compreshensive Invisalign treatment lasts about a year for most adults, but can be less for limited treatment.
- No metal wires and brackets like traditional braces. The clear plastic aligners are virtually invisible.
- Helps align teeth to not only look for esthetically pleasing, but also helps prevent accumulation of plaque and calculus which can lead to gum disease.
- Invisalign can correct some bite malalignments which can cause TMJ problems.
The staff at our Nashville dentist office is ready to help you with scheduling a consultation appointment, and discussing convenient ways to pay for your Invisalign treatment.